Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Holy Ghost Is Amazing! It Really Is The Universal Language.

Hello family! 

Of course it's been a fantastic week, I'm a missionary in the philippines :).  I loved reading your notes from general conference! And I cant wait to watch it! It will be in a few weeks for us, but that's alright. I'm glad you got to see the pictures on facebook! I was hoping she'd post them :). We took Sister Maurer to two of our lessons last week! And then they came to church on sunday with us.  She went to teach the B--'s, the family i told you about last week, and a recent convert family (the D--'s, who are THE BEST).  She doesn't speak any cebuano, but she shared her testimony in english and you could see that they felt the spirit.  The holy ghost is amazing!  It really is the universal language. Which is good, because I've been trying to learn that language all my life! Cebuano is still pretty new to me. It's getting better slowly though! 

Yesterday we had a lesson with the B--'s.  We had planned to start teaching the plan of salvation.  We got there and they had a bunch of questions about the Book of Mormon, so we ended up just explaining more about that.  The spirit was strong, and by the end they seemed excited to read and seemed like they REALLY wanted to understand it all! They are really busy and haven't really read much yet, so we challenged them to read just one verse a day.  Hopefully that will get them reading.  We're super excited to go back and talk to them again!!

One thing that was a bit frustrating this week was we kept getting punted!  There was a day or two when every single one of our teaching appointments fell through.  But we know the Lord is preparing people for us to teach.  we just have to keep talking to everyone we can and keep working! I think we are going to really improve our patience here :).  And there is always some little miracle that keeps us excited and motivates us to keep going.  I am so grateful for that! I know the Lord is blessing us :).

Ah. I love you guys.  I pray for you all the time! Hopefully you can feel my prayers too :).  thank you so much for your love and support :).  I know our Heavenly Father is watching over all of us and blessing us! I love you!!

Sis Mortensen
  

A few more words from Sister Mortensen:

Sorry its so late and that we email at random times.  We usually go to Sogod to email which is a 3 hour bus ride and when we come just depends on what else we need to do.  Today has been great! it's been rainy so it's been cooler today, so thats always nice :).  I'm feeling great!  I missed watching conference with all of you though! we don't get to watch it til maybe 3 weeks later...  Yeah the hot and humid weather takes some getting used to :).  But I don't feel sticky ALL the time anymore, so it's getting better!  there are some air conditioners, and the buses are all open so they're usually cool too.  in sogod we get lunch and buy groceries too.  I can get pretty much anything i need here in sogod, so i don't know what i'll want in the package! definitely the ensign though :)  my area wasn't really hit by the storm too bad, just strong winds and rain mostly.  The food is all really good!  nothing has been the worst yet, but I haven't tried balut yet, so maybe that :). yep the regular email is coming :) it'll be a bit short because of the pictures though. sorry.  washing clothes by hands just takes forever, but its fine haha. The water is in the house, and we have a filter so we can drink it.  But I do need to get going.  It's been great to talk to you though!!


Yeah...Pictures!

Manila MTC

Manila MTC

Sister Kalua-Santiago & Sister Mortensen at Isang Lupi

Zone at Isang Lupi

Habol Habol



No comments:

Post a Comment