Friday, August 29, 2014

It Is A Sacred Privilege To Be A Part Of The Lords Work

Hello to my favorite people!!

It's so good to hear from you guys, it sounds like you guys have had a great week!  I know I have! I ran into Erika, and she left for Costa Rica on Monday! She is the sweetest, I've missed her and all my other wonderful roommates.  It's also soo fun to see Bekah every couple of days! And I also ran in to Kaylie Bartholomew and Mandy Estes on the way home from the temple today! It's been pretty fun to see a few people I know from home :).  This week we've been doing a lot of practice teaching and just speaking as much Cebuano as we can.  I said the prayer for a devotional on Tuesday and had to pray in English, and it was so weird! But I think it came out in normal English haha.  

Tuesdays devotionals was one of my favorites though, which is saying a lot, considering how much I love speaking in front of a whole bunch of people.   One thing that I remember was he talked about how Enoch was young and struggled with language (which sounds very familiar..), and the Lord told him to go forth and do as He had commanded.  I know that if we will work as hard as we can and be obedient, we will blessed with the spirit.  Which is SOOO important! We have no way to do this work without it!  

One of the things I've been thinking about a lot this week is something that came from our lesson in Relief Society.  She talked about how missionary work is about bring people home, bringing them back to God.  These people that we are going to teach have families and have people worrying about them.  And we need to do everything we possibly can to find them and to help them.  It reminds me of Pres. Monson's talk about continuing the rescue.  It's a sacred privilege to be a part of the Lord's work, and I hope I can do everything I can to bring people home.

It's so crazy to think that I will be in the Philippines a week from now.  I can't wait!  My favorite part of the mtc has been the spirit here.  I've learned so much in these past couple weeks, I can't even begin to tell you all of it.  I've also loved getting to know the missionaries here, they are the best.  Espescially my companions.  Goodness I'm going to miss them.  Mom remember how we were talking a while ago about how I was lucky to get such great roommates, and you said I was blessed?  That definitely happened again.  We got our flight plans last friday, after I had emailed you guys.  Both my district and the other district all are on the same flights to Manila.  Half of both districts are going to Tacloban, half of mine to Cebu, and half of the other to Cebu East.  Thursday the 4th we fly from SLC at 11:15am to tokyo narita and arrive at 4:55pm. I'm guessing we'll call at slc before we leave? I have no idea about tokyo, but (I think) it will be like 2 in the morning if I were to call.  So we'll see.  I'll send you a letter if we ever find out, haha sorry.  What phone do you want me to call?  I can't wait to talk to you all!! Then from tokyo to Manila! We'll stay there at the mtc for a couple days I think to get paperwork done and visa stuff.  At least that's what we've heard, we're not really sure what happens after that haha.  Hopefully I'll make it to Tacloban eventually :). 

Mom, it sounds like your birthday was great! I'm glad you like the bear!  That is so sweet of Sis Michaelis to do that.  And hopefully you got my letter by now, sorry it probably didn't get there by your birthday.  I had it all written and ready to go last friday, but forgot to stick it in the mail till the day before.  Your cake looks delicious!  I'm so glad you had a wonderful day :).

Oh dad, do you remember an Elder Griffin from your mission? Elder Griffin from my district's dad served in Tulsa the same time you did.  That would be pretty crazy if you know him!  Also, good luck with your competition!!

It's wornderful to hear that ali is finally back to playing soccer and has a little energy again!  Hopefully it keeps getting better:).  And that's awesome your learning road trip, thats my favorite!!  Jax, I can't wait to see that video when i get home!!  Kumusta, ako si Sister Mortensen (hello, I am Sister Mortensen).  Unsa ang imong ngalan? (What is your name?) 

Oh I almost forgot. Yep I did pick a scripture for my missionary plague (haha I typed plaque the first time.  Hopefully there are no missionary plaques any time soon).  D&C 100:5-8! And you can pick the treat for me, everything you guys make is delicious :). Thank you so much!! I don't think I need anything else.  I might possibly be sending a couple things home, we'll see as I start packing haha. 

Thank you so much for everything! I love all you guys soooo much, and pray for you all the time.  I can't wait to talk to you in a few days!!

Love, Sis Mortensen

My District

No comments:

Post a Comment