Friday, August 8, 2014

The Gift Of Tongues Is Very Real

Hello family!

I'm so sorry to hear about Sis Adams. The faith Bro Adams and Weston have is amazing.  I too am so glad to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation.  We were talking in a class last week about the plan, and someone said that even if you just invited the spirit and gave a simple, 2 minute overview of the plan and our purpose on earth, it could literally change their lives.  I am so grateful to know that He has a plan for each of us.

Well, time is definitely still flying here at the mtc. The old districts in our branch left this week, so my district and the other district that came in with us are the old "experienced" districts now.  We got three new districts though, so thats fun! It makes me realize how much I have learned of cebuano so far, and also how little time we have to be here.  I really want to make the most of the short time we have here to learn and do all I can! 

Thank you all SO MUCH for your letters, I have loved reading them! Sorry I haven't been great at replying yet. These will be a little scattered, since you guys rock at writing letters, and me, not so much :).

Dad,
Yep I have seen Tanner, twice now I think! I haven't talked to him a whole lot though, just a little.  And I've talked to Sis Rush too.  There's actually quite a few kids here from lehi that I recognize.  It sounds like you've been very busy lately!  Was the competition just for the month of july? If so you probably won, 40,000 steps in one day is crazy!!  Thank you for the scriptures you sent me, I've enjoyed reading and thinking about them.  I've been trying to pick a scripture for my mission, but its kinda tough to pick just one haha.  

Mom, 
That is so fun you get to go to youth conference! I remember my first year of girls camp, and I was so glad to have you there! That will be a blast! The schedule here is busy, but really not that bad.  And I'm sleeping just fine :). Except on Wednesday night, I only got maybe 5 hours of sleep! I was up helping the departing sisters get everything ready and then taking them to the bus and all that. Haha so yesterday was a little rough, but today is much better :).  For clothes , could you send me one more of those half under shirt things? No rush, theres just one or two shirts that are more comfortable if I'm wearing one.  Other than that everything is great!  I feel like I have what I need. I am at the main campus, it's all the spanish missionaries at the west campus.  I am so glad you are feeling peace with me going to the philippines.  I have felt that peace since I got my call, and know it will all be fine :).

Brayden, 
My first few days were pretty similar to yours is sounds like.  Lots of meetings and all that.  One of my favorite things is whenever theres a ton of missionaries singing hymns like Called to Serve and Army of Helaman.  Our teaching is getting better!  It helps a bunch when you can actually kinda understand them haha.  The last few lessons i've just taken a little flash card with a few cebuano words on it, and this last one was with no notes!  The gift of tongues is very real :). When do you move down to suu? Any jobs yet? Thats so fun that you got to spend some time with some Tabor City members again! Was it any of the people we met? I'm sure it was great to get to visit with them again.

Josh,
In the gym theres a record board, and soccer juggles in a row is ONLY 6016.  So start practicing for when its your turn to be here :). Anyways, thanks for the quotes you sent be about the talk.  I too hope that I will always follow the spirit.  There is NO way I could do this on my own! I have felt that many times during my stay here.  How is soccer going?  Are you preparing for your mission!? I'm so excited for you. You won't regret anything you do now to prepare :).  I know I wish I had prepared more.  I know you're going to be great :). Do you get to go to youth conf or do you have soccer?
(Ali--sorry I don't have enough time, and I wrote you last week :).  Love you!)

Jaxsen, 
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony.  I also know that the church is true, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I really am having the best time ever!  That is cool you love diving so much! I think you said you were best at the squirrel dive! What is that?  Also what did you do to your back, and are you back to playing soccer yet? Hopefully.  You and ali would probably go crazy if you can't play for too long.  The food here is alright.  It makes me glad I had a kitchen at byu though! My favorite are the wraps, I have one probably 4 or 5 times a week haha.  What are you doing while they are all at youth conference?

Well, I love you all!  I wish I had more time to tell you everything, but there's too many things to do! I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful week!!

Love, Sis Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment