Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Lord Guides This Work. We are Just The Instruments In His Hands.

Hello family!

This thursday, I got my anak!  Sister Laniton!!  she was in the manila mtc for 2 weeks, and then came here! I am SO excited for this transfer, it is going to be GREAT. She is from Butuan, which is Cebuano speaking!  She is SUPER talkative, so thats great for me :).  I am SO excited to be companions with her!  She is amazing already.  Haha I'm pretty sure she came pre-trained.  I think I'll be learning more from her this transfer than she will from me!  The first day we got to our area, we went out and OYM'd a few people, and she just talked and talked to them!  Since she knows cebuano, people aren't as shy as they are around me, since she can REALLY understand them!  So that has been really great.  I do my best keep up!  I'm definitely going to know cebuano after being with her, she speaks cebuano (unless she is explaining something i don't understand haha) and it is GREAT. 

Sister Mortensen with her Anak, Sister Laniton

I am really grateful for the opportunity to train.  It is a bit overwhelming, but I find so much comfort knowing that the Lord guides this work, we are just the instruments in his hands.  We can't do it on our own, and we don't have to.  He leads us through the Spirit, and I have felt that more than ever these last few days.  I love this work!

T--'s baptism was AMAZING.  She was SO excited to be baptized, it was so fun to see :).  She has so much faith and KNOWS this church is true.  She is pretty shy, but came straight up to me when she got to the church and gave me a hug :).  I am so happy for her and her family.  Actually I'm glad I even got to go too, since we found out after that we actually weren't supposed to. Oops.  We got home fine though, so it was all good.  It was so cool being back in hinunangana and seeing everyone.  I've missed them!
  
T--'s Baptism


AHH.  I can't believe you got to meet sis ks's parents!!  They are so great I'm sure haha, from knowing her.  Yeah we definitely need to get together with them later :)

Ahh I gotta go.  Time flys, as always.  I love you all!  I love my new anak!  And I love being a missionary :)

Sister Mortensen

Sister Laniton and Sister Mortensen

Sister Mortensen with Lenny, Gina and Menchie, sisters who worked with the missionaries in Hinunangan.

Sister Mortensen with the T-- Family

No comments:

Post a Comment