Monday, July 13, 2015

It's Through Making and Keeping Our Covenants That We Receive The Power and Strength To Do All That We are Asked

Helloooo! 

Ah i love alll the pictures!  Looks like you've had a fun week!  wow mom, you guys hiked timp!  that's sooo great, it really is SOO beautiful :). And mom, you have to go at least ONE more time, when i'm home again :)

Haha mom i'm not that wise, and my english is definitely not that good.....that quote was from President Uchtdorf :).  haha! He's the wise one :)

I've been transferred to biliran!!  and my new companion is Sister Geraldez!  I LOVE her already, I am so excited for this transfer :).  Her last area was in tanauan... with sister culangan!  so i followed her :).  And also her last companion, who i replaced, is sister Kalua-santiago!! my nanay!!!  How funny is that :).  Biliran is SO BEAUTIFUL. It's all pretty rural and just a little area that's "city" where we live and where the church is.  Ah goodness I love it so much :) Our area is mostly waray with some cebuano. It's a branch and about 150 attended church yesterday :).  Everyone i have met so far is SO friendly.    This last week of work, we've visited many less actives and are helping a part member family prepare for Brother's baptism!  He's been struggling with following the word of wisdom, but he is so close!!  We are hoping this week he'll be able to follow :).

our area is big and we walk everywhere!  There is one place we go to about once a week called Hugpa that is about 5 km from our apartment. So we walk around 6 miles that day :). haha I have been TIRED every night this week!  But  and we live with another companionship of sisters who are also in our branch!  They are so great :).

The mission conference last week was SO wonderful :).  It's was great to see everyone in the mission and to get to catch up just a little bit with them!  It was especially great to see my nanay and my anak!  ah. I miss them... :).  My favorite part of the conference was a training about our covenants.  It's through making and keeping our covenants that we receive the power and strength to do all that we are asked.  I was grateful for the reminder that we don't have to rely on our own strength :).  We really cannot do it alone, but I KNOW He is with us through everything.

Love you!  amping!  pag hinay kamu dida :)

Sister Mortensen 


Riding a water buffalo with Nanay G--, a member here in Billiran, that works with
us most every day.  She is so funny and so kind.  I love their family!


No comments:

Post a Comment