Friday, July 25, 2014

At Times In The MTC I Can Feel The Spirit Like I Can At The Temple

Hey everyone!! 

How's the family party going? I bet you're having tons of fun!! I know it was last year.  Let me know how it was! 

I love it here at the MTC! It really is amazing. The spirit is always so strong and everyone is so excited to be here and learn how to be a missionary.  Especially me!! My companions are Sister Piutau and Sister Chu.  Sister Piutau is Tongan and is from australia.  She is going to the cebu mission.  Sister Chu is from Taiwan but studied in the philippines for a while. She is going to the tacloban mission too.  So they thought it was pretty funny when they found out I lived just up the road! But they are amazing, I love them.  They help me out a ton.  For some reason I can't remember how to say goodbye, and i've asked them probably 5 times today. oops. Cebuano is so hard, and I love it!  We are teaching our first lesson tonight.  Mostly in cebuano (hopefully) but probably a little english.  So thats fun.  But right now I can pray (very simply) and a couple greetings and introduction stuff.  I think by next week I'll know more cebuano than the three years of spanish! I definitely can feel the help of the spirit.

Today is p-day, of course, so we got to go to the temple!! It was beautiful, and the spirit there is amazing.  At times in the mtc, I can feel the spirit like I can at the temple.  I've already learned so much about the gospel, in addition to the language.  We have talked a lot about our purpose as a missionary.  One thing that stood out to me was how everyone in the world has problems or trials, and that the gospel can help every one of them.  And that's why I'm serving a mission! I have been blessed so much.  I know God loves each and every one of us, and that the gospel blesses lives.  And I want as many of His children to know that as I can tell!  I know that this mission is what I'm supposed to be doing right now, and I am SO excited to be doing it. 

I've seen Hagen once but didn't really get the chance to talk to him, and I've seen a couple people I know from byu!  There is an elder in my zone from lehi that just graduated (there are SO many 18 year olds that just graduated here!) and I recognize him but don't really know him.  Haha I also saw my math teacher from jr high, Brother Thayne! That was kinda funny. He is in a branch presidency here and I talked to him for a minute.  Haven't seen Bekah yet though.  Do you know if she's working here still? Well I was going to load some pictures, but I dont have my flash card converter thing... So sorry mom :)  Next week, I promise!! Hope you guys have a great week! I'm praying for you :)

Love, Sister Mortensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment